Jennifer M. Eaton

This week: Jennifer M. Eaton!

I really enjoy coming across people I can relate to (I mean, who doesn't?). Jennifer M. Eaton is one such person. Take a look over her answers to sneak a peek into this lovely Sci-Fi and Fantasy author. 



Name: Jennifer M. Eaton
Social Media: Facebook: facebook.com/jennifer.m.eaton.3
Twitter: @JenniferMEaton
Instagram: @jennifermeaton
Genre: Science Fiction and Fantasy



Where do you find inspiration?
I have a manic brain that never EVER stops thinking. My problem is finding time to write all my ideas.

Which piece of your writing was the most entertaining/enjoyable to write? Why?
Probably the banter between Jon and the alien living inside his head in my thriller INVADED. At times, someone would ask the alien a question, and Jon would have to act as an intermediary, but he would not tell them what the alien, which made the conversations comical at times. I love when I can put little bits of true-to-life comedy in my writing.

Was the first novel you published the first you ever wrote? What was? 
My first full-length novel published was Fire in the Woods. This was the third novel I’d written to that point.

When I’m not writing I’m usually…
Sleeping or working. Yes, unfortunately, I also work a full-time job.

If you had lived a different life, made different choices, what would you be doing now? 
I’d probably be an author, but I would have started earlier. I wrote my first book in high school, but I did not seek publication until over 25 years later. I could have had a smoking back catalog by now!

What are five things you couldn’t do without? 
My family, My house, My computer, My phone, My Kindle

What do few people know about you? 
Most people, oddly enough, do not realize I work a full-time job outside of writing. The sad truth is that most authors, even fairly successful ones, don’t make enough to earn above the poverty level. We are an odd group. We work our tails off because we love it!

Are you working on any current projects?
Oohhhhhhh yes. I have a huge amount of projects at different points in the editing process. I have two three book series and three stand-alone novels in production for 2019 release.

What work of fiction made you want to be a writer? 
When I was a kid, my father gave me a copy of one of Robert Jordan’s WHEEL OF TIME novels. Before this, I’d only read books assigned to me in school. I was so excited that there were books out there that I actually would look forward to reading!  I think that was the start of it all.

What tools do you use for writing, organization, marketing? 
Writing: My brain, and a computer. I write in Word. 
Organization: I have a homegrown Excel Spreadsheet that I use to track my words every day to make sure I’m on track. 
Marketing: I have a marketing assistant. 
Marketing is a full-time job in itself, and there are not enough hours in a day.

Why do you write?
For me, writing is partially therapeutic.  I have stories in my head whether I want them, or not. I also love words, so typing up the stories and giving them life outside my head gives me the ability to let the idea go, where if I didn’t write it, the characters would haunt me for weeks, months, years. It sounds strange, but it’s the way my head works. Once I have a great idea, it pokes at me until I’ve written or outlined it.

What are some profound experiences from your life you’ve worked into your fiction?
I guess losing my mother young. I used this in Fire in the Woods, where Jess is dealing with her single dad after losing her mom when she was 17. These were emotions I could relate to.
----
Author Bio: Jennifer M. Eaton hails from the eastern shore of the North American Continent on planet Earth. Yes, regrettably, she is human, but please don’t hold that against her.
While not traipsing through the galaxy looking for specimens for her space moth collection, she lives with her wonderfully supportive husband and three energetic offspring. (And a poodle who runs the spaceport when she’s not around.)
During infrequent excursions to her home planet of Earth, Jennifer enjoys long hikes in the woods, bicycling, swimming, snorkeling, and snuggling up by the fire with a great book; but great adventures are always a short shuttle ride away.

Comments

Popular Posts